Saturday, August 11, 2007

Window Shopper

Initially I was just planning to show off the nice pair of glasses that I was trying out and how I look in it, by posting only the snap. But then I thought I should highlight a few things that I did as I had gone recently with a couple of friends to a reputed mall in the city.

I tried out a couple of tee shirts, a pair of shades, and a cap. I actually wore the cap at the beginning of the spree that we were on, and kept it on till we got out of the mall. So that is the kind of window shopping I do. I was also keen on wearing the shades through the remaining time that we intended to spend inside the mall, but then, my friends' advice got the better of me and I had to leave these shades back where they were.

The shades I am sporting in the snap are from Polaroid. I was keen on buying some aviator shades, and the salesman rightly pointed out that they are generally made for faces that are much bigger than mine and wont really suit me. He took the trouble to actually dig for a pair which were very much similar to aviator shades in their structure and did suit me quite well, or at least that's what I think. I really appreciate the efforts that the sales person put into finding this particular piece and I was actually serious about buying them.

Then came the surprise which always ruins the fun: the price tag!

Czar: How much for these?
Friendly sales person: Sir, these shades cost Rs 7200/- only.

I had genuinely asked him if they could be made to suit my eye-sight at the beginning of the conversation. Co-incidentally, he answered only after I had seen the price tag. Unfortunately or fortunately (the former represents the state before the awareness of the price and the latter, the state after the awareness of the price) they did not take up the work of fitting shades with glasses which were built to rectify the eye sight. He asked me to get it done in some authentic Polaroid showroom. At the same time, he insisted that I buy the piece in the mall itself as there was a discount on offer (which was small enough to be of any significant help to my wallet) and get the glasses changed in some other showroom as it would be done free of cost.

It was reason enough for me to safely say ''No! Thanks''. And I was gone.

Oh by the way, for those who think that all I do is window shopping, I did buy a pair of floaters from Caterpillar for myself, which did enough damage to my wallet anyway. And I intend to buy those shades at the earliest, and be assured, I will announce it when I do so. :)

Cheers to window shopping.

Credits: Vatsap for editing the snap.

8 comments:

amrit said...

Looking nice :)

Aniket Pangarkar said...

the Czar rocks!
get aviators da;
i bet they'll suit you..
window shopping? :)
Fun, isnt it?

Hetero sapien said...

With all due respect, Mr.Co-As Sir, window shopping IS a little sissy - dont you think?? :-P

Vikas Shenoy said...

Typical Bangalore 'boy' on the prowl :)

Your post was like a flashback. For most part of our Bangalore-stay, your devoted spons-coords did nothing else but window shopping and ogling at the things that passed by.

CB said...

Lavade ke

Damage to your wallet aa. Bastard.

Who spent 5.2k that day? :-)

Anonymous said...

the problem with the tags is either we refuse to see them until we get satisfied with the product... or we have a look at them and our satisfaction ends!!
no wonder they are small, hidden behind and made sure that they are not visible until your plastic money drops out of the pocket!!! :)
nice blog Czar!

Czar said...

@Amrit: Thank you!

@Uss: Thank you too! and yes, it is fun. But I would prefer to buy most of the stuff.

@Candyman: T for you! :P

@Lays: I am sure you could have done more in Bangalore. Just that you never chose to.

@CB: Who made you spend that day? :D

@Sumo: Fully agree with you.

Twilight Fairy said...

ah... I guess m the opp... I wanna shop but end up window shopping... well, it's jus a lil hard to impress me...