Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Déjà vu - SUVs or Auto Rickshaws??

This post is best understood by those who have played NFS Most Wanted and have suffered the worst set backs and the horror of two massive heavy SUVs bumping you head on.

Today, for the first time in real life, I felt what I generally feel when I play NFS Most Wanted.
It was total madness. The situation was precisely scaled and hence, equally dangerous.

In the game, I am driving a car which acts as the subject and there are SUVs which are the objects. Here I was, driving my two wheeler which became the subject and there were two Auto Rickshaws which turned out to be the objects. Considering the laws of scaling, the situations were not quite different.

Two Auto Rickshaws came onto me exactly the same way the SUVs come onto me in the game. I mean, I cant even press (R) for the reset option and hence come back into one piece onto the road, or press Alt+F4 and quit the situation. All I could try doing was, somehow survive the next fraction of the second and pass through safely.

I somehow did it. I survived.

I stopped my vehicle, looked back, looked up, kissed my hand, returned home and played NFSMW.

Phew!

P.S.: I dedicate this post to Munnu with whom I have enjoyed the best sessions in NFSMW.
I wish you were riding pillion with me today. It would have been good fun. :D

4 comments:

Munnu said...

I miss NFSMW ...
And I will kill you if you finish it without me ... :)

amrit said...

Reminds me of Trinity in reloaded. :)

Vikas Shenoy said...

Too bad life doesn't have a R or a alt +F4.

That would have solved so many of our problems dude. A ctrl+Alt+Del would also be of great help to End unwanted 'processes' :D

Anyways, I am heading to the Garden (?!) City. So See ya soon.

Mohan K.V said...

SUVs! They are everywhere here! I haven't seen ANY two wheelers, except for the cops :)