Saturday, November 24, 2007

Renaissance

Every now and then you find movies that beg to differ from the pattern. They start a new genre all together, and redefine the ways the movie experiences are meant to be.

This movie is not one among those. It is their grand daddy!

This movie changes the way people perceive when they watch something. The art work is godly and the way the motions have been conceptualized and eventually implemented are mind blowing. Take it from me, you will not pause the movie to do something else during the movie. You just cannot. But you may pause, a large number of times, to appreciate the art, to appreciate the way the sequences have been put together, to appreciate every inch of black and every half inch of white. And you will definitely pause, to stop, and stare at the screen in awe.

I might have made it sound like I was doing a piece as if I was Pablo Francisco. But this movie definitely deserves and calls for all the attention.

And when I say that I say that out of experience. I had not slept the previous night, and it was already 12 midnight when I decided to try this movie, and my eyes were totally weary. For the next one hour forty minutes, I could barely blink.

As an aside, the plot gives you the feel of a regular sci fi, but everything else just steals the show. So the plot eventually does not matter.

A user comment on IMDB -
''First things first, this movie is achingly beautiful. A someone who works on 3D CG films as a lighter/compositor, the visuals blew me away. Every second I was stunned by what was on screen.''

Watch the trailer if you have the time right now -


Unfortunately, I do not see this movie coming to Indian screens any time. So if you want to watch it, get a dvd and make sure that you watch it on a really nice screen and really good speakers. TRUST me, you will find it worth your time.

2 comments:

amrit said...

Saw it. Liked it. Amazingly fresh.

S said...

Took your recommendation. Was fantastic!